Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Back to normal??

So yesterday we took my parents back to the airport. It was a sad, sad ride. When Alana finally realized it was time to leave the house to head back to the airport she starting sobbing! She cried and cried as she hugged Grandma and Grandpa and told them "I will miss you so much!" And she continued to cry for several miles of the drive. Until finally I told her that I had had enough! She can get herself worked up into quite a tizzy! She is nearly inconsolable sometimes.
We had taken Adam to preschool that morning and Rob stayed home again so he could go pick him up and he wouldn't have to miss a day of school. He is doing so well, and is finally going in without crying his head off and clinging to me like I am leading him to a pack of hungry wolves.
He is actually now running in to sit on the carpet and look at a book as soon as the teachers open the door!! I am so proud of him! He seems to really be adjusting well. And we feel like he is already behaving better in other parts of his life as well.
Church has been a lot better too. He was having such issues in Primary and not doing well that we all decided that it would be better if I can just stay with him. So they are moving me from my CTR 7 class to the Sunbeam class to be Adam's official "buddy". This seems to be such a good solution. It was tearing me to pieces to sit back with my class and watch him struggle or to be struggling with him and trying to be attentive to 5 other kids. So the presidency is finding a replacement for my other teaching job and now I can focus on Adam. It seems to be so much better. For him and me. I have sat with him and attended class with him for the past two Sundays and the difference has been remarkable! He still will wander and explore a tiny bit, but for the most part he will stay right with me. And class has been fantastic. He really responds to his teachers and he seems to be getting the hang of it!

We had such a fun visit with my parents. It is fun to have an excuse to go do lots of touristy things. We went to the American History Museum, the Natural History Museum, Rob and Dad went to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, (mom and I did that on their last visit, but dad and rob were home with the bigger kids). We went to the zoo and Mt. Vernon, Arlington Cemetery, the Lincoln, Vietnam, WWII monuments, the international spy museum and a couple of other things that were a little more local and not so cool to mention. Like bowling and eating food from some of our favorite restaurants. All in all I think we went into the city about 6 times. It was so fun and so worth it!

So now that life is back to normal we will be doing school today after a fun "vacation" I must pay about a billion and a half bills after I update my checkbook and I have to fold about 3000 lbs of laundry. And of course back to the gym and I will be watching a little guy for a friend, so yea, pretty much just back to normal.

No comments: