Saturday, December 19, 2009

Life is so busy......

Okay,

Another huge catch up post.
It has been so long I hardly know where to start!
Well, we moved into our new house on November 5th. The movers were very careful and really did a wonderful job. So different from our move down from Mass. Nothing was broken, the only surprise (and not a good one!) Was that it actually ended up costing double the quote they had given us. And I had packed the whole house myself. And it is a good thing I did, for them to pack one box was $40 dollars. Yes, you read that right FORTY!! So thankfully I had a wonderful friend in the ward who went out hunting for boxes for me on more than one occasion, she literally saved me thousands of dollars, THANK YOU Sherry!!

The house turned out great and we really love it! It is such a great house and we love the area we live in so much. It is closer to everything we do, now I am not spending several hours a day in the car running the kids to their various appointments. What a relief that has been.

In other news, Rob had to have his appendix taken out. The Saturday after Thanksgiving, we were our shopping (buying a new TV and Blu-ray on sale!!) He mentioned that his stomach was really bothering him. But he thought it was something silly like gas that would just pass. Throughout the day I would occasionally ask how he was feeling, and it was the same. That night he didn't come to bed until midnight. That is when I knew we had a problem. (We are serious grandpas and go to bed at 9:00PM at the latest, typically.)
I asked how he was feeling and he said a little worse, so I asked him to show me specifically where the pain was....lower right hand side. I called my mom just to confirm my suspicions and off to the emergency room we went. I called my good friend Rachael and she rushed right over and ended up staying all night and most of the next day with my kids. THANKS again Rachael!
So by 8:00AM he was heading into surgery. He had a bit of trouble coming out of the anesthesia, I guess at one point he was screaming for me. The nurse had to yell at him to calm down. It was a little scary for a little while.
He has been resting and took a week off of work and it almost back to normal. It is amazing what they can do know laproscopically(sp?)that just a few years ago was a pretty big cut and a long recovery.

Rob stayed busy by setting up tons of appointments with fence contractors. We have had a pretty steady stream of guys coming to give us quotes, not only for the fence but a patio and built-in bookcases too.

No work is being done today though, because we are being pounded with SNOW!! We have not had snow like this in all the time we have lived in Virginia. It is reminding me of some of the storms that we would get on a regular basis near Buffalo, NY. We are going to have a big job to dig back out!!

And in the way of very exciting news, we have two new little guys at our house. We got two new kittens yesterday. Max and Murphey are both orange tabbys and they are so cute and so fun. The kids love them, especially the girls, they are hauling them around and taking care of them like they are babies. It is so cute to watch them. Alana was really excited to help me scoop out the litter box this morning. We will see how long that lasts.
Unfortunately though, I think I may be allergic to them. Last night I went to bed with really itchy eyes and a stuffy nose. And today was bad until I took some Benedryl. We will have to see how this goes.
I really like them and don't want to have to get rid of them, and the kids would be heartbroken, so for now I will just suffer through.

Those of you who I usually send Christmas cards to, please forgive me for not getting them out this year and know that we love and think of you often and wish you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

No comments: