Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010

It is a little hard to believe another year is upon us!
2009 just seemed to pass at lightening pace. With lots of changes in our family my days were increasingly busy and the days just began to fly by.
We began the year house hunting and finished it by moving into a semi-custom built home. It is everything I asked for and more. I never thought it would be possible to have a home like this. But the Lord blessed us incredibly and all the right doors seemed to open and everything just fell into place. We are exactly where we are supposed to be, and it feels great to know that! I never imagined we could have a home this wonderful.
All of the kids started school this year in one form or another. Avalon got into the charter school for the area and is absolutely loving it. Alana is looking forward to going there this fall, but is loving Kindergarten and is doing spectacularly! She is smart as a whip, just like her dad! She constantly amazes me at the keen observations she makes and the very complex things she figures out. Adam started preschool four days a week this year over the two days a week last year, and he is absolutely thriving. He loves his class and looks forward to it every day. He too is amazingly smart, he is constantly amazing his teachers. He is always the first one with the correct answer and is doing so well. Archer is doing preschool one day a week and loves it. He gets mad at me everyday that is not a school day. When we drop Adam at his classroom and I don't drop Archer off, he is really upset. He would happily go everyday of the week, but of course, he is only two and they only offer one day a week programs for guys his age. Maybe next year!

I have been thinking a lot about the upcoming year and the things I would like to accomplish. Never resolutions, those seem to be broken before January ends. Goals, that is more my style.

Relationship: Twice monthly date nights with my sweet honey!
Kids: Once monthly "dates" for each child.
Spiritual: Read the Book of Mormon together as a family. --And on my own as well.
Financial: Actually live by a budget! --No more 20 and 50-ing the checking account to death!
Physical: Turn myself into a runner! I still have at least 50 pounds to lose and I will! No move fast food or soda. New year, new me! I am going to make 2010 my prettiest yet, new haircut, hair and makeup done everyday.

Well, things are off to a good start! Oh, and I am going to be a better blogger too!! And I expect you, my sweet readers to be better too, and leave comments!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I can't wait to see your hair! Sounds so pretty. I wish we lived closer. I need to be a runner too lol.