Sunday, January 3, 2010

New year new me-update

So I did go and get a new haircut yesterday. It is much shorter than it has been in the last few years. I also did highlights (in a salon) for the first time. We did some blond and a slightly red tones and it turned out so pretty!!!
After the color was finished and I was in the chair getting blown dry my back was to the mirror. I hadn't had a chance to see the results. The lady in the chair next to me said, "Your color turned out gorgeous!" I replied that I was excited to see, too but that I had not seen it yet. So the stylist turned the chair around like it was the big reveal on What Not to Wear.
I was so excited I screamed! It is so cute!! She did a great job and I am excited to do it everyday, because I love it!!

I didn't go out and run in the last few days, because I am still recovering from the cold and cough the whole family has passed around. And besides that it is stinking cold out. The wind has been blowing very hard the last couple of days. I am looking forward to spring!

I am going to be taking all of the Christmas decorations down today. No one seems to even be noticing them anymore. The kids have moved on. On to the toys and cats. I am hoping to keep them entertained with a movie while I get everything taken down and put away. This is something that is just easier without helpers!

We are all preparing to head back into normal life tomorrow. We have had nearly three weeks of disruption around here with illness and the holidays. I am pretty excited to get back to normal, even though normal is busy, I am happier busy.

No comments: