Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Alana!!

Sweet Alana Nicole turned five years old today.
She had a wonderful day. She had a little party this afternoon, with some friends from church and the neighborhood. It was really fun!

Five years ago Rob was traveling with his job quite extensively. He had been in Guam for about 6 weeks followed closely by Spain for a month. He was so nervous he was going to miss the birth. I was doing fine. I was not really that nervous. I was the Primary president and Avalon was only 16 months old, so I had plenty to keep me busy.
We picked up Rob about 4:00PM on the 27th. He was dead tired after traveling for about 14 hours on a plane. So we headed home and went bed before 7:00PM (hey, I was just about to have a baby, I was tired too.)
The next morning I woke up to contractions. They were not really powerful, yet. I was even debating whether or not we should go to church. I woke up Rob and he got showered and ate breakfast and I rushed around packing a bag and making phone calls.
We had a young boy we picked up each Sunday, had to arrange another ride for him, and let my councilors know I would not be there, as well as let our friends know who were taking care of Avalon for us.

Then we headed off to the hospital. We arrived there about 9:00AM, and by that time, there was no doubt I was going to have a baby, and soon. They got us checked in and into our room. The doctor arrived soon thereafter and stayed through the remainder of the labor. She was terrific. I had no pain medication at all, and was really scared. It was going really fast and hard. Rob was the best coach ever. Even after the birth the Doctor and the Nurses all complimented him and told him what a great job he did. He was so dead tired from his long journey the day before, but was so excited for his new baby girl.
Alana was such a sweet wonderful baby. So quiet and so easy. She slept well from the very beginning and was so good natured!
We are so grateful to have her in our life!
We love you!

2 comments:

the Johnson Mom said...

Happy Birthday Alana!!!! Birthday's are the best. We are super excited for your family that Avalon got into the charter school. That will be awesome for her and for Adam and really for everyone. YEA!!! Glad things are looking up for Adam. Love ya,
the Johnson crew

George said...

Happy Happy Birthday Alana! WOW - 5 years old - you are practically a lady. Love Great Aunt Janet - (is that what I am to her?)