Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Major catch up......again!

Man, I pretty much suck at this blogging thing! Life just gets too busy! We still have tons going on, and I am feeling really stressed lately, even with working my butt off at the gym lately. The workouts help relieve my stress, but added stress makes me eat like a pig, so thankfully I am not gaining, but not really losing either! I really need some things in my life to settle and normalize a little bit again. I have been feeling out of control lately, and those who know me well, know that out of control is not a phrase that describes me!!! ;-)

We are still looking for a house. We are being really picky. We have seen tons of really nice houses that we could easily afford, but we are holding out for everything we want. Hopefully we will find it soon.
We had decided that we were going to go ahead and build the Davenport with Brookfield. They are a great builder and we felt like we were getting a good house for the money and the incentives were incredible. So we went in to sign a contract and get things rolling. To make a REALLY long story short, we were in the office for 5 hours and still did not have signed papers, so we took the blank contract home to read over and sign and return. Two nights later our renters from our house in Mass called to let us know that he had lost his job and that they were giving their 30 day notice. So then it all made sense why Heavenly Father created so many road blocks and circumstances that kept us from moving forward on the house like we had originally planned. If we had gone forward when we had first planned we would not have been able to back out of the deal, and we would have been super stressed financially paying for both homes.
So now we are keeping more realistic expectations and are only looking for homes that the mortgage will be about the same that we are paying in rent. Because we know that we can afford both homes with no issues. It is definitely the wiser course of action.

We went last week and spent a night at Great Wolf Lodge with some good friends of ours. Our friend is a Doctor and in the Navy and is being deployed at the end of the month. So we wanted to go and let the kids and us have some fun together before he heads overseas and we move away. We had a GREAT time!! This was our second trip down in the last few months and it was even better this time. We knew better what to expect and pack, and the kids had a great time!
Adam did SO much better this time as well. Last time he pretty much stayed in the kids pool and only did the slide once and was pretty nervous to venture far. But this time he did GREAT!!! He did the slides over and over and played all over the big climbing structure. Even with all the sprayers and geysers he did fine! He is making so much progress lately, I am so proud of him!
Our friend loved it too. We are so glad we did it!

I went to see the developmental pediatrician today for the "results" portion of our visit after she evaluated Adam. She does feel that he is on the Autism Spectrum. She mentioned several strengths that she saw as well as a few weaknesses. She suggested that in addition to his preschool classes that I start him in private speech and occupational therapy.
Overall it was a good informative meeting. She gave me a list of books and websites to look into and a list of doctors and therapists to work with as well.
We will go back in for a follow up in a few months after the start of a new school year when he will have been in speech and OT for several months and will have started his preschool classes four days a week.
She feels that he is very high functioning and has lots of potential. Hopefully we can get him all the help he needs. I feel very blessed to live in an area that has so many resources available to us.
Well, I am tired and think I will sign off for tonight, and go and waste some time watching TV.
See you!

Hey, all you guys out there, leave me a comment if you are reading. I had site meter, but it is not registering any visits, ever! According to the stupid thing, no one has ever been to my blog to read it in any way..... so if you are out there, give me a quick hello!!

5 comments:

Angel Dawn said...

I read your blog, don't worry! Gotta keep up with the Hosfords. ;) It's it amazing to see God's hand in our lives....that is great about the roadblocks with your home in VA. So wonderful how he looks out for us. Congrats to Avalon! And glad Adam is doing well.
love, Aaron, Angel, and A.J.

Rachael said...

I'm reading :)

Dukes in DC said...

Keep up the great updates, it is fun seeing what you are all up to. We missed not going to Alana's birthday, thanks for the invite!

George said...

What a plan God has for you! That is wonderful, in a sense, that things worked out the way they did. We are all led down the paths we should go if we will listen.

Dad said...

Hi.. P....r I love you and are so proud of you. Have a great Conference weekend. Mom tries to keep me better informed of your phone confersations so thankfully I'm pretty mush up to speed with your blog. Friday we had the kids and Seth asked who the picture of on the fridge was "Adam" he said I have never met him and asked where he lives. Love you and keep up the good work..