Sunday, May 3, 2009

We are building a house!

So I have been a huge slacker in updating after the last post.

The phone rang literally before I could hit the "publish post" button. So I hit it quickly and ran for the phone. The builder countered our counter and came down an additional $5000. So not too bad. They are finishing the basement for free. They are paying all of our closing costs. And they came down $90,000 in the price. YAY!!!! Not to mention all the other things we asked for in the offer. Paint that is NOT a flat finish (I hate flat paint with all my heart!!!!) The are finishing the basement bedroom with an egress window. (So it is actually a legal bedroom instead of a "den".) And several other things that I can't seem to think of right this minute!! But you get the idea!

WE are SO excited to finally be moving forward. They have already pulled the building permits and are starting this week. I will be taking pictures and hopefully posting them. I need to figure out the whole downloading and posting pictures thing. (Not to mention Rob is a little weird about me posting photos) So hopefully you can enjoy this ride with us!!

No comments: