Friday, January 9, 2009

So, here's the Flip

Here is a link to the house we have a contract on.
The plan is to fix a few things, paint the whole interior, lay new carpet, refinish the hardwoods, and update the kitchen. Plus a few touches outside, general clean-up, some new plants, and some mulch and we should be on our way.

This is the house.

Now before everyone freaks out about the price, we are getting if for $399,900. That is with a $30,000 allowance for the fix-up, plus the seller is contributing $14,000 for closing costs! We are getting this house for $7.49 out of pocket! Pretty cool, eh!
Yes, it will take a lot of work, sweat on my part mostly! The couple we are doing this flip with, currently live in the house but will soon be moving. --Not soon enough for me-- The quicker they move the quicker I can get over there and get busy!
We have a huge list of things that need worked on while they are still in the house, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it probably will not happen. So I am pretty much planning on doing most of the work myself. ---The only problem is............my kids! What am I supposed to do with 4 young children while I am spackeling, sanding, cutting, hammering, etc!??

We close on February 20th, and I was hoping to have lots of the work done before we even close. That way I can get it back on the market ASAP!

No comments: