Thursday, January 22, 2009

Weight-Loss Wednesday and an update

So, first and most importantly, I reached my goals this week!!!

189!!!! I lost 3 lbs. Down 26 lbs since I started exercising, down 51 since Archer was born!!!!

It has been SO long since there was a one at the beginning of my weight and even longer since 8 was the second number. Yea!! Can you tell I am excited!??

I am finally moving down pretty quickly again. I did really well during June, July and then we went on a two week vacation in August, and I seemed to stall totally after that. (Even though I only gained 3 lbs during that two weeks, I just couldn't get the "ball rolling" again. So this last couple of weeks since I started posting about weight on my blog, and have gotten the kick in the booty I needed!

Updates!
Adam went to his first day of school today. I didn't think that it would be a big deal at all for me, but it was!! Dropping him off, I had tears in my eyes and I had a bad stomach ache. The teachers are all wonderful and the head teacher was waiting there in the hallway to greet Adam and run me through the check in procedures and to go over his paperwork. He is familiar with all the teachers because most of them he sees nearly everyday at the Rec Center in one way or another.
After I finished talking to his teacher I took him into the room and set him with a teacher he knows for the "Good Morning song". Then I quickly headed out. He calmed down pretty quickly, because I was listening in the hallway for a minute.
I thought about him many times during my workout, wondering if he was crying, if he was being good, if he was having fun. I even refrained from going and peeking in the door, on the off chance he accidentally saw me, and would get worked up again.
When I picked him up, he came right out and gave me a big hug and got his coat and backpack. The teachers said he did VERY WELL for a first day. WHEW!! I am so relieved and so proud of him!
He seemed to have fun. They were having "Teddy Bear Picnic" day. They all had their animals they read "Goldilocks and the Three bears" and made chocolate pudding and finger painted bears, and had teddy grahams for a snack. So fun!

House Update......
Well, the real estate agent sat on our offer long enough he got another one, from a person who has never even seen the house. This other guy offered $530,000 I think he might be a little disappointed when he finally get into the house, it needs quite a bit of work. But from what I understand, he wants to use it as an income property, so I doubt he will do much fixing. Oh well! It was a good plan. To bad the agent was a dishonest little bugger!
But we have decided to start looking at houses for ourselves. We talked to an agent that lives near us and she sent me the listings for several houses, and we are going out to look on Saturday, then if I find something I really like, then we will drag Rob out to it. There are quite a few houses in our neighborhood that have come down in price far enough we can actually afford them now. We are so excited and relieved. This was the plan when we moved here about a year and a half ago, to rent for a couple of years, let the prices fall, fall, fall...... then we would buy. Well, we have decided to jump in. Hopefully this is a good time.

No comments: